Devaliya Jeep Safari
Devaliya (GIZ) Jeep Safari Package
- “GIZ Devaliya Jeep Safari” is a Jungle safari in Personal Covered Jeep in Devaliya Safari Park (also known as Gir Interpretation Zone).
- This Jeep is covered for protection from Animals and visitor is accompanied by Driver and Guide approved by The Forest Department during your ride.
- Safari is completely operated and controlled by forest department.
- One Jeep can accommodate maximum 6 adults and 1 child.Age between 3 to 12 years considered as child and age more than 12 years considered as adult for safari booking.If number of adults are less then more children can be added.
- Boarding point for this safari is “SinhSadan”. Visitor Need to report to SinhSadan at least 30 minutes before scheduled Safari time
- Approximate time duration: 55 minutes including transit time from SinhSadan.
Below mentioned is the time schedule of Devaliya Jeep Safari
|Operates on Monday to Sunday
|Morning time slot||Afternoon time slot|
|7:00 AM to 7:55 AM||3:00 PM to 3:55 PM|
|8:00 AM to 8:55 AM||4:00 PM to 4:55 PM|
|9:00 AM to 9:55 AM||5:00 PM to 5:55 PM|
|10:00 AM to 10:55 AM||–|
Forest department issue 10 permit of Devaliya Jeep Safari for each time slot. It is issued first come first serve basis till permits are sold out.
From this website, “GIZ Devaliya Jeep Safari Package” can be booked as much as 3 Months in advance. Rates start from 4000/- per Jeep. This rate is for entire jeep and not per person. Exact rate will be displayed when you will fill details during booking process.
Inclusion of Package
- Permit issued by Forest department to enter into the Gir Jungle Trail
- Open Jeep authorized by Forest Department
- Driver-approved by Forest Department
- Guide approved by Forest Department
- Payment processing charges & GST
- Safari coordinator service charge
- Pick-up and Drop from Sinh Sadan Forest Department.
- Cancellation Before 10 Days : 75% Refund.
- Cancellation Before 05 Days : 50% Refund.
- Cancellation Before 02 Days : 25% Refund.
- Cancellation Less than 02 Days : 0% Refund.
Note: Days are calculated excluding the Safari Boarding day & Cancellation request day. Cancellation request received after 6 PM will be considered on next working day.
- Pick up / Drop facility from Hotel / Resort in SasanGir is provided if you opt for it while booking on extra charges based on distance from SinhSadan.
- 100% of Permits are available for advance booking. There is no separate quota for “on the spot” booking. Sovisitor needs to secure advance booking in order to avoid any disappointment.
- ID proof detail needs to be submitted very carefully. ID proofs submitted for Safari Booking are verified with the original ID proofs while boarding the safari. Boarding will not be possible if found any discrepancy and there will be no refund in such cases.
- No ID proofs are accepted other than mentioned in the Booking Form.
- Original ID proofs are compulsory to show while boarding safari. Visitors are requested to submit ID proofs which they can present during Safari boarding verification.
- Once the safari is booked, any kind of modification is strictly NOT possible, like Change in the ID proof number, name of person including spelling mistake, addition or deletion of person, etc.
- We will refund full amount within 2 working days in case of unavailability of requested jeep safari.
- Forest depart reserves the right to cancel the permit or slightly modify the timing in unavoidable circumstances. Decision of the forest department will be final in such case.
What is Devaliya Jeep Safari / Gir Interpretation Zone?
To reduce the disturbance from tourism in the main sanctuary area, and to facilitate tourists to understand the importance of Gir and its wildlife, an interpretation zone has been created at Devalia. This comprises 412 ha of chain-link fenced area which is ‘Gir in a nutshell’, covering all habitat types and all major representatives of wildlife of Gir. The basic aim of creating this facility is to provide an opportunity to view lions and other animals in their natural habitat within a short period and reduce tourist pressure on the sanctuary. The area has a good quantity of prey base in the form of Spotted Deers, Blue Bulls, Wild Boars, Blackbucks, Sambars and Chinkaras. Spotting a Lion in its savanna habitat is a treat to the eyes for a wildlife. A good variety of grassland, as well as forest avifauna, is also spotted in the area. 20-30 Indian Vultures are regular visitors here