Gir Jungle Trail
- Gir Jungle Trail is the forest department organized open Jeep Safari ride of approximately 3 hours inside the dense forest of Gir National Park.
- Gir Jungle Trail remains closed from 16th June to 15th Oct every year.
- There are 3 safari Timings daily: Morning 6 to 9; Morning 8:30 to 11:30; Afternoon 3 to 6.
- Visitors are accompanied by Forest department approved driver and guide during the safari.
- One Jeep can accommodate maximum 6 adults and 1 child. Age between 3 to 12 years considered as child and age more than 12 years considered as adult for safari booking. If number of adults are less than more children can be added.
- Boarding point for this safari is “Sinh Sadan”. Visitor Need to report to Sinh Sadan at least 30 minutes before scheduled Safari time. There is parking facility for visitors to park their vehicles and board Jeep.
- Forest department issue limited permit for Gir Jungle Trail. 100% of Permits are available for advance booking. On the spot booking is not available. Visitor are advisor to secure advance booking in order to avoid last moment disappointment.
- From this website, “Gir Jungle Trail Package” can be booked as much as 4 Months in advance. Rates start from 4400/- per Jeep. This rate is for entire jeep and not per person. Exact rate will be displayed when you will fill details during booking process.
Inclusions of Package
- Permit issued by Forest department to enter in to the Gir Jungle Trail.
- Driver approved by Forest Department.
- Guide approved by Forest Department.
- Payment processing charges & GST.
- Safari coordinator service charge.
- Pick-up and Drop from Sinh Sadan Forest Department.
Note: Camera fees is not included in the package. INR 200/- per camera is payable extra, if any. There is no charge for carrying Mobile Phones.
- Cancellation Before 10 Days : 75% Refund.
- Cancellation Before 05 Days : 50% Refund.
- Cancellation Before 02 Days : 25% Refund.
- Cancellation Less than 02 Days : 0% Refund.
Note: Days are calculated excluding the Safari Boarding day & Cancellation request day. Cancellation request received after 6 PM will be considered on next working day.
- Pick up / Drop facility from Hotel / Resort in Sasan Gir is provided if you opt for it while booking on extra charges based on distance from Sinh Sadan.
- It is mandatory to provide ID proof detail of all members while booking. ID proofs submitted while Safari Booking are verified with the original ID proofs at safari boarding time. Boarding will not be possible if found any discrepancy and any refund will not be processed in this case. No ID proofs are accepted other than mentioned in the Booking Form.
- Once the safari is booked, any kind of modification is strictly NOT possible, like Change in the ID proof number, name of person including spelling mistake, addition or deletion of person, change in safari date or time slot, etc.
- There are 13 routes for this jeep safari. Any of the routes is allocated to each jeep randomly. Possibility of lion sighting is equal in each route and it is purely on your luck. One can get a chance to see lots of wildlife animals including lions & Leopards.
- We will refund full amount within 2 working days in case of unavailability of requested jeep safari.
- Forest depart reserves the right to cancel the permit or slightly modify the timing in unavoidable circumstances. Decision of the forest department will be final in such case.